Weekend is impending, and here summarizing what’s happened in one week:-
- Some headlines: Intel cancels Broxton (smartphone and tablet) and SoFIA; Taiwan’s SPIL terminates its strategic alliance agreement and share subscription agreement with Tsinghua Unigroup; Samsung will soon be completing development of 3rd-generation LPC (Low-Power Compact) 14nm FinFET; Samsung is expected to release a foldable device next year internally known as “smartlet”; LG Innotek announces an under glass fingerprint sensor.
- Some component news: Samsung and NVIDIA have decided to privately settle their long-running patent lawsuits with licensing deals; An additional 115 devices powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 are already in development; LG Display plans to invest KRW450 billion (USD395.99 million) in South Korea to build production capacity for flexible OLED;
- New numbers: MediaTek 1Q16 consolidated revenues decreased 9.4% sequentially to NTD55.91 billion; Samsung Electronics reported 1Q16 operating profits of KRW6.68 trillion; Forecast overall China vendors’ dual camera smartphone models to achieve 40 million units in 2016; In 2015 the number of China handset vendors dropped 136 to 309; Indian smartphone market grew 23% in 1Q16; Worldwide shipments of tablets (including slate and detachable form factors) for 1Q16 reached 39.6 million units; Global smartwatch shipments grew 223% annually to reach 4.2 million units in 1Q16;
- New technologies: “ANTs” (actuating nano transducers), which is a few billionths of a meter across and powered by light; The world’s first graphene electronic paper; The firefly-inspired OLEDs; Microsoft Pre Touch function; Sony and Google both have its own “contact-lens” patents; Microsoft’s “Tattio”;
- New products: Huawei Honor 5C, G9 Lite and MediaPad M2 Youth; Le “Made for India” Le 1s Eco; etc.
Please download the PDF version from this link. Thank you!