Simply listing several features that would be appealing in 2017.These features might still be niche in 2017, but it is believed it will ramp up in 2018 onward.
- Σintell estimates about 1.47B units of smartphone shipped in 2017 globally, with Samsung leading the market with 22% share, follows by Apple with 15%. Huawei is close number 3 with 10%. OPPO and vivo follow with 7% and 6%, respectively.
- Gartner predicts 20% of smartphones shipped in 2017 will have 3D cameras, enabling depth of field capture, 3D imaging rendering, computational refocus and user gesture control. Dual camera is one of the approach to achieve 3D camera.
- According to Isaiah Research, market size of dual-cameral-equipped smartphone in 2016 and 2017 are 60M~70M and 170~180M units, respectively.
- UBI Research says that while virtually all flexible OLEDs used in smartphones use an edge-type design (bezel-less). UBI Research shows that full screen will grab an almost 20% out of all flexible OLED smartphones market share in 2017, and this will grow to 30% by 2018.
- TrendForce estimates that in 2017, global shipments of mobile devices with the iris and facial recognition features will reach 70M units, with YoY growth of more than 100%.