All the analysis are based on the data, information and report from various consultancy firms, including (in no particular order) Isaiah Research, IDC, Gartner, Counterpoint Research, Digitimes, Sigmaintell, Strategy Analytics, IHS Markit, etc.
- Smartphone growth picks up again in 2018
- The top 5 will be same top 5 for another year
- India is really the front of new battleground, but don’t forget Africa
- Artificial intelligence is picking up
- Mobile AR is a selling point gradually picking up
- Full display continues to reign and even more
- Foldable phones are showing up a bit
- Dual-camera goes mass
- 3D sensing going Android
- Facial recognition is going mass!
- Fingerprint on display finally is here
- Memory continues to haunt the smartphone cost